|Title||"The Chevy Chase Land Company: The Beginning"|
"The Chevy Chase Land Company: The Beginning"
CONSTRUCTION to Sell Lots
Exhibit produced by Eleanor Ford for the Chevy Chase Historical Society. Mounted in June 1990 to mark the 100th Anniversary of the Chevy Chase Land Company.
Opening Day: September 16, 1892
Thomas J. Fisher and Co.- Sole agent for the Chevy Chase Land Co.'s sale of lots. Organized in 1872, it was originally a real estate mortgages, investment and banking firm. After Mr. Fisher's death, Mr. Stellwagen ran the company. The first branch office in Chevy Chase was at Chevy Chase Lake.
Chevy Chase, September 16, 1892- This is the first view of Chevy Chase for the first passengers in the first streetcar. The entrance to the new suburb, Chevy Chase Circle, is flanked by four houses built by the Land Co. to designs by their architects Lindley Johnson and Leon Dessez.
The view from the trolley of lots for sale along the new Connecticut Avenue.
Exhibit 5 of 6, see also 1000.106.01-04, .06