|Title||The Stevens Family of Chevy Chase|
The Stevens Family of Chevy Chase (p. 1 of 3: see 1000.120.02-03)
Exhibit displayed October, 1996
1.[2008.282.01] #3 (now #8 W. Lenox St.), in 1910. Eugene and Gertrude MacNulty Stevens built this house (now greatly altered) in 1901-02 and lived here until 1912. This was the first of their five successive houses in Chevy Chase.
2.[1988.05.26] Eugene Stevens (left rear) with his fellow Honorary Economical Epicureans. They met monthly, in members' homes in Chevy Chase, to cook a meal.
3.[1987.05.03] Gertrude Stevens (right rear) with the Ladies Reading Class of Chevy Chase, meeting at her home #3 Lenox St.
4.[1988.05.18] The Stevens had a daughter Josephine and four sons: Gene, Ray, Mike and Bobby. Ray (front left) and his schoolmates are with Miss Anna Mactier who conducted classes at her home on the N.W. corner of Bradley Lane and Connecticut Avenue.
5.[2008.282.06] On the roof of #3 W. Lenox are Mike (center), Jo (center front) and Bobby (right front).