Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Object ID 1000.120.02
Title The Stevens Family of Chevy Chase
Object Name Exhibit
Date 1996
Creator Unknown
Description The Stevens Family of Chevy Chase (p. 2 of 3: see 1000.120.01 and 1000.120.03)
Exhibit displayed October, 1996

Panel #2

1.[2008.329.05] #3712 Thornapple St., in 1920, where the Stevens lived from 1918 to 1924. In the garage at right, the Bearcats baseball team (see next panel #3) was organized in January 1919. Their playing field is in the foreground.
2.[2008.101.03] Ray Stevens "sliding home" c. 1920, on a field on the south side of Thornapple Street.
3.[2008.329.01] Thornapple Street, 1920.
4.[1991.05.04] The Chevy Chase School, four "portable" classrooms opened in September, 1913, on the south side of Rosemary Street, just east of Rosemary Circle. In 1917-1918 the school moved across Rosemary Street into a new brick building facing Valley Place.
5.[1990.06.02] "Going for a swim": Brookeville Road at Williams Lane in 1920 looking north (see next panel #4).