|Title||"The Chevy Chase Land Company: The Beginning"|
"The Chevy Chase Land Company: The Beginning"
CONSTRUCTION to Draw the City's Attention
Exhibit produced by Eleanor Ford for the Chevy Chase Historical Society. Mounted in June 1990 to mark the 100th Anniversary of the Chevy Chase Land Company.
The Chevy Chase Inn (or Springs Hotel)- Designed by Lindley Johnson and built by the Land Co. in 1893 (on the site of the present 4-H Center) to lodge visitors who came out to Chevy Chase Lake by streetcar. Music every evening and a $1 table d'hote.
Drawing of Chevy Chase Lake (1000.106.04a)
The Chevy Chase Club- incorporated 1893, with Francis G. Newlands as its first President. The Land Co. rented the land and the old Bradley farmhouse (with new additions, above) to the Club.
Chevy Chase Lake, from entrance bridge
Herbert Claude's son Cecil rowing on Chevy Chase Lake
Exhibit 4 of 6, see also 1000.106.01-03, .05-.06