|Title||Chevy Chase Reading Class Program 1930-1931|
The program lists what was read each week along with a members name. Text is typewritten.
Class rules are listed in the back of the program:
1. The membership of the class shall be limited to twenty, and only residents of Chevy Chase shall be eligible.
2. Notice of any name to be voted on for memberahip must be submitted to the Class by the Executive Committee one week in advance and all absent members notified. Voting by secret ballot. One adverse vote shall defeat candidate.
3. All business matters, including the preparation of the program, shall be in the hands of Executice Committee. Such Committee shall consist of theee members, the Chairman to be selected by the class, and her associate members to named by her.
4. The election of the chairman for the following season shall take place annually at the fnrst meeting in January, a two-thirds vote of the members present being necessary for election.
5. The leader for the day shall call the meeting to order promptly at 11 o'clock.
6. Conversation during meetings shall be restricted to the subject at hand.
7. "Chevy Chase" (In Rule 1) shall be construed to include any outlying district of that name, but all meetings shall be held in houses of members in section 2.
See also a photo of the Chevy Chase Reading Class, CCHS 1987.05.03. The date was unknown at the time it was accessioned, but it is probably c.1905, based on the membership at that time. (The Montgomery County Historical Society has a copy of the same photo, dated 1905.)